|Undergrad Intern Non Technical 537473 |
In this position, you will be responsible for local support for AP activities, including communications with central accounting AP group, internal and external customers. You will also be responsible for ensuring that all invoices of ZAO Intel A\O are collected and timely sent to AP group. You will be resolving and responding to suppliers issues.
You must be a student of four-year-of-study with at least intermediate level English, both written and spoken. Additional qualifications include:
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team as well as individually
Please, submit your CV to [email protected] or www.intel.ru/jobs
|College Program Intern 537483|
In this role you will assist College Program Manager in Staffing department in developing and implementing a wide range of strategic talent enabling programs and activities around Universities in support of recruiting efforts in Russia to ensure current and future Intel's talent pipeline.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
-Partnering with Intel’s stakeholders and external university contacts on developing Internship and Recent College Graduate programs,
-Analyzing programs efficiency indicators and statistics,
-Preparing and running recruitment events,
-Working with suppliers on promotional materials,
-Researching university rankings,
-Building new university contacts.
-A full time student of a university in Nizhny Novgorod( with an excellent or good academic record).
-You must have at least 2 years before university graduation or PhD completion (4th year or PhD student)
-To be able to work at least 30 hours per week to combine work and study.
-Excellent written and spoken English is required.
-Good communication skills in Russian and English,
-Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook),
-Advanced Internet search skills are mandatory.
|Undergrad Intern Technical 537815 |
In this position, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing Customer Support Center phone services which include call answering, advising customers, ticket submission and others
- Monitoring ticket queue and ticket dispatching
- Calling the customers back to clarify the issues
- Assigning the tickets to the appropriate people to resolve it
- Providing office and lab support in hardware and software configuration
- Be involved in minor development and improvement in software tools
- Asset Management, data entry to Asset System (ECAT), tracking, monitoring and reporting
- Asset Inventory
You must be a student currently pursuing a course of studies in a related discipline.
Additional qualifications include:
- Good knowledge of computer hardware (assembling and/or reassembling of computers, type of components and others) and office equipment (printers, projectors and others)
- Experience in different operational systems (Linux* and Windows*)
- Experience in installation, configuration and support
- Experience in networks
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Programming skills in C/C++, Java*, Visual Basic*, UNIX*, shell and others would be an added advantage